We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. We believe you have the right to privacy on the web. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information that you provide to us when you sign our petition, eg your email address.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email updates.
- Information that your browser provides, eg your IP address.
- Other information that you choose to send to us.
This website, like most websites, uses “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully use the features on this website or other websites you visit.
3. How will we use your personal data?
As a petition signee we may publish your first name and last initial only on this website. Beyond this, we may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Send you general (non-marketing) communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
We will not sell, rent or share your personal data with third party organisations.